1. Eat at least three low fat meals a day. If you don't know what kinds of foods to eat, find a low-fat cookbook with simple meal ideas. Don't skip meals or you'll be ravenous and overeat. If you find you get hungry or weak between meals then eat a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack such as fruit, cut-up veggies, or a protein bar (watch the calories on these though, try to find diet brands with around 200 calories per bar).
2. Drink at least eight glasses of water per day. Water will not only keep you feeling fuller longer, but will help to keep you from being dehydrated. Many people find this very challenging as they were not raised with the idea of drinking water. For those people I suggest buying a large water bottle and sipping on it throughout the day. The first couple of days will be difficult as your body adjusts to the water but after that you'll find that you crave it and it will come more naturally.
3. Get some exercise at least 5 days a week. This doesn't mean killing yourself at the gym either. Just getting out for a half hour walk will do the trick. If that's too much, then start with a shorter walk and work your way up. Ideally you should be walking at least 45 minutes for optimum fat burning.
4. Weigh yourself when you start to help you keep track of your weight loss. Check your progress every three days to see if you're on track. But don't weigh yourself every day as your weight can fluctuate and discourage you.
5. Have someone help you to measure your body. This can be a more accurate barometer of your weight loss as the scale can be frustrating. Measurements don't lie. Measure your chest, waist, hips, and the largest parts of one thigh and arm. You'll be glad you did when you see the inches lost after a month.
6. Don't eat anything after 7:00 at night as any food in your stomach will be slow to digest and your weight loss will stall. Have some tea or water to help you feel full if you're hungry.
Take your weight loss journey one day at a time. Some days will be great while others will be more challenging. Accept that you're human and that it's okay to have bad days. Most importantly, if you fall off the wagon, get right back on the next day.
88DB India is a Free Classifieds Providing Health & Fitness Services Relates Ad for Gym & Gym equipments, Events & Activity, Diagnostic Center, Aerobic, Martial Arts, Ambulance and Freezer Box, Yoga, Hospitals, Clinics, Health Suppliment Products, Swimming, Spa, Pharmacy & Medicals, Opticals, Therapist, Medical Insurance, Lesson & Instructions, Special Offers and many more services.